Followers

Saturday 25 August 2012

Leather and Lace

Helloooo!!!  Its '3D and Alterables' this week over at ~Tando Creative's Blog~ and I have had a play with their fabulous Hat again :D  This time I have covered it with leather (so easy to glue on).  I am very lucky that hubbies cousin is an upholsterer who passes me offcuts.


I painted and crackled a heart, bird, butterfly & row of flowers (also from Tando), then attached them in front of some gathered lace.  The heart, bird & butterfly are on coiled wire.  This was such a lot of fun to make and once again I am sad that its not human sized hahahaha!!!!


Thank you for taking the time to have a look, always appreciated, HUGS xxx

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Ooh darling this is absolutely gorgeous, I love it. The leather works perfectly and looks amazing. All the extra adornments finish if off to a T, well done you.
Big huggles x x x x

Kaz said...

That is so sweet Karen! I love those colours too xxx

tracy said...

Oooo,i love this-love the brown and greens and blues-beautiful :)

Janice said...

Great job on the hat Karen!

Gini said...

Absolutely stunning I adore the blue/green tones you've used.
The leather and lace are fab too!
Gini
xx